Photo: Intersex Protest #2 + Open Letters vs. ’51st ESPE’, Leipzig 21.09.2012
Dear fellow campaigners, friends and allies
In 2016, France has been reprimanded 3 times by the UN for allowing Intersex Genital Mutilations to continue with impunity. Nonetheless, the daily mutilations continue, and over the next weekend IGM doctors from allover will flock to Paris to ‘ESPE 2016’ (see here).
Therefore, we are going to hand in another Open Letter to participating doctors and all known French IGM clinics and universities on occasion of peaceful protests, and ask everybody to sign it.
You can find the draft of the Open Letter (PDF) online here:
How to sign:
Please send us an email to daniela.truffer_at_gmx.ch (please replace _at_ by @) with your
– organisation (if appliccable)
(In case you want to name an organisation for identification purposes, but only sign the letter in personal capacity, just add ‘Personal Capacity, Affiliation given for identification purposes only’ behind your name and organisation, and we’ll add this in the letter.)
Please forward this invitation to other parties and individuals concerned. So there will be as many signatures as possible.
Please respond quickly! Thanks for adding your signature to let the doctors know that it’s NOT OK to cosmetically alter children’s genitals!
Daniela “Nella” Truffer, Markus Bauer
Founding members human rights NGO Zwischengeschlecht.org / StopIGM.org
Paris, Sept 09-12: INTERSEX PROTESTS + INFO
vs. ‘ESPE 2016’ + ‘Hôpital Robert Debré’ + ‘Haute Autorité de Santé’ etc.
• Fri 09.09. 19h INFO NIGHT @ Confédération Nationale du Planning Familial, Paris
• Sat 10. – Mon 12.09. FIVE NONVIOLENT PROTESTS (see details here)
• Open Letter of Concern to ”6th ISHID Hypospadias Workshop’, Seligenstadt 2015
• Open Letter of Concern to ’53rd ESPE’ Dublin 2014
• Open Letter of Concern to ‘4th WOFAPS’ Berlin 2013
• Open Letter of Concern to ‘9th Joint Meeting’ (ESPE/LWPES) Milano 2013
• Open Letter of Concern to ‘4th I-DSD Symposium’ Glasgow 2013
• Open Letter of Concern to ’51st Annual Meeting of ESPE’ Leipzig 2012
• Open Letter of Concern to ’23rd ESPU’ Zurich 2012
• Open Letter of Concern to ‘ISHID’ Live Genital Mutilators London 2011
• Open Letter of Concern to ‘3rd EuroDSD Symposium’ Lübeck 2011
• Open Letter of Concern to ’11th EMBL/EMBO Conference’ Heidelberg 2010