“Friendly garda helping us to set up the protest!”
Trinity College, Dublin 18.09.2014
Intersex human rights defenders Vincent Guillot and Gavan Coleman in collaboration with StopIGM.org submitted two more thematic intersex NGO reports for the CRC review of France and Ireland in Jauary 2016.
This marks the first time that the Committee will investigate IGM practices in more than one country in a single session!
Vincent Guillot + Zwischengeschlecht.org
This report contains 2 case stories of IGM survivors.
Review of France: Wed 13 Jan 15-18h + Thur 14 Jan 10-13h
Zwischengeschlecht.org / StopIGM.org
Review of Ireland: Thur 14 Jan 10-13h + Thur 14 Jan 15-18h
• UN Committee for the Rights of the Child (CRC) 2015: IGM = Harmful Practice
• UN Committee against Torture (CAT) 2015: IGM = Inhuman Treatment or Torture
• UN Human Rights Committee (HRCttee) to examine IGM Practices
• UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) condems IGM
• Historic 56th Session of Committee against Torture reprimands 4 Governments over IGM
• CAT 2011: Germany must investigate IGM practices and compensate survivors!