Photo: Noviolent Intersex Protest #4 + Open Letter vs. 6th I-D$D et al., Copenhagen University 30.06.2017
26 October is Intersex Awareness Day.
This year, we are kicking back – and celebrate:
• 10 years of Zwischengeschlecht.org / StopIGM.org
• 125+ Nonviolent Intersex Protests
• 250+ Media Appearances to Raise Awareness
We wish everyone a happy Intersex Awareness Day 2017!
On 26 October, Intersex People, Survivors, Partners, Families, Friends and Allies around the globe celebrate Intersex Awareness Day, commemorating the very first INTERSEX PROTEST in Boston in 1996 against the Annual Convention of the American Academy of Padiatrics (AAP), and in support of over 20 Years of Organised Struggle to End INTERSEX GENITAL MUTILATIONS.
– IAD 2016: Soon 20 UN Reprimands for Intersex Genital Mutilations!
– Intersex Awareness Day 2015: Nonviolent Intersex Protest @ Zurich State Parliament
– ‘Boston ’96 was a PROTEST!’ Happy 10th Intersex Awareness Day 2013!
• “Harmful Medical Practice”: UN, COE, ACHPR, IACHR condem IGM
• 25+ UN Reprimands for Intersex Genital Mutilations – and counting …
• UN Committee for the Rights of the Child (CRC): IGM = Harmful Practice + Violence
• UN Committee against Torture (CAT) 2015: IGM = Inhuman Treatment or Torture
• UN Women’s Rights Committee (CEDAW): IGM = Harmful Practice
• UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD): Violation of Integrity
• UN Human Rights Committee (HRCttee) to examine IGM Practices
• CAT 2011: Germany must investigate IGM practices and compensate survivors!
Intersex Genital Mutilations • 17 Most Common Forms
Human Rights Violations Of Children With Variations Of Sex Anatomy
IGM – Historical Overview • What is Intersex? • How Common are IGMs?
>>> Download PDF (3.65 MB) >>> Table of Contents
IGM as a Harmful Practice: 2015 UN-CRC Briefing
• IGM: A Survivor’s Perspective • Intersex Movement History
• What are Variations of Sex Anatomy? • What are IGM Practices?
• IGM and Human Rights • Conclusion: IGM is a Harmful Practice
>>> Download PDF (3.14 MB) >>> Table of Contents
Eliminating IGM practices by holding the perpetrators accountable via well-established applicable human rights frameworks, including Inhuman Treatment and Harmful Practices – Presentation @ UN expert meeting on Intersex Human Rights